Tuesday, November 23, 2010

the Lumix LX 3

This is my current camera i bring about everywhere. But recently I felt I exhausted its use, or it bored me out with its functions or I am just being very paranoid about it being a digicam. Thus I wanted to list my loves and hates for this camera.

loves:
  • compact but pack with punches.
  • nice design and solid body.
  • many modes and settings, like a DSLR
  • build in flash
  • can attach some attachments
  • low light shooting
  • most important: LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON 24 mm wide f2.0 - 2.8
hates:
  • color. Quite fake when you push the vibrancy or change its mode
  • camera startup speed. The moment it start up and you focus on your subject, it may be a whopping 5 sec already
  • capture speed. Okay, having a f2.0 maybe fast and reaction is one of the fastest among the digital point and shoot but still slow for me or I'm just being paranoid.
  • white balance. Awfully disgusting.
  • the intelligent mode can be stupid sometimes.

  • color.
  • its not a micro 4/3rd system.
  • not a DSLR
  • it's still considered a digicam.
  • not a leica.
  • the bloody joystick.
  • THE BLOODY JOYSTICK IS SLOW TOO! Manual focus is very slow and unhandy.
notes:
  • I still love this camera mind you. It's out of battery currently so I did not bring it out this few days.
  • I have been quite talkative and critical this few days.
  • I will be back to shooting daily shots soon and maybe some weird stuff.
  • I think the LX 5 is not a great deal from this camera. It shoot better videos only.

Disclaimer: this is not a factual specifications of the camera but it is based on my personal preference. Your experience with this or other models of the lumix LX or Leica D-LUX family maybe solely different from mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive